We planned to invite about 500 adult patients with dissociative seizures (but without current epilepsy) to take part in our study.
We recruited patients diagnosed with dissociative seizures by a neurologist at participating centres who fulfil all of these criteria:
1. be aged 18yrs or over and have a confirmed diagnosis of dissociative seizures
2. be able to complete seizure diaries and questionnaires
3. be willing to complete seizure diaries and undergo psychiatric assessment 3 months after diagnosis
4. have no documented history of intellectual disabilities
5. be able to give written informed consent.
6. Not had an epileptic seizure in the previous 12 months
7. Not have a formal diagnosis of drug or alcohol dependence
Who is participating in the CODES trial?